Tuesday 21 February 2012

Feelin' totally sad and pathetic

Well, I've been sick now for almost a week. And if you read my earlier post on sneezing, snot and shit you'll understand when I say I didn't get my rocks off, I fail to see how anyone could have found me sexy and all I have to show for this dire chest infection is a crippled back from coughing and hacking a lung up  . Still, it did mean I could be deadbeat for a while without feeling guilty.

It's not until you're ill, and I mean really ill and not some sniffle, that you realise a few things, well I certainly did.

I go above and beyond for all of my family and friends. I'm one of those people that agree to almost anything even at the expense of my own time and money IF my family or friends need me. I pride myself on that, truly I do. Whilst first meeting me I can come across stand-off-ish that's just me evaluating whether the person I have met is good for me to have in my life, and it usually only takes an hour or so for me to come to conclusions. But once you penetrate that defensive 'crab shell' I'm a friend for life. Period. And I've got your back forever. I'm a very very good judge of character so needless to say, I generally only have 'good' people in my life.

Now it might just be coz I'm fuckin dying here, and it's killing me to actually sit on this chair and type but I feel like ranting and I'm just in a 'fml' mood but here it is. Even though I can barely fuckin breathe, even though I'm about as mobile as a mucus ridden clampit on Rohypnol, even though I have no energy, even though I can't talk without feeling superior pain, all of the things I have agreed to do or help with will just go ahead as normal. Why? Why am I not in bed, sweating like a rapist and inspecting my green snot rags? Well that'd be because there seems to be some folk in my life that really don't give a fuck and expect me to fulfil my obligations irrelevant of my swine flu condition. But that's not really what fucks me off...

IF you are the type of 'friend' or family member ,who, when your friend is disasterously sick you :

1. Fail to get in touch to send well wishes;
2. Fail to get in touch and ask if there is anything you can do to help out;
3. (For good measure) ... Fail to send a Turkish Delight together with a Jason Statham movie..

.... then I think it's safe to say.. you're a piece of shit.

I have to show MASSIVE respect to Dani, who, on asking her whether she'd pop round and suck the snot outta my nose, agreed to do so instantly because she's my homegirl, she's got my back. I love you Dani. (Ofcouse I did not expect her to fulfil this promise because that'd be just gross, but it's the fact she didn't miss a beat before agreeing to do so) and respect to my man for taking time off work to take care of me.

Anyway, rant off. Not much news really. Watched a very good film last night called Killer Elite. Yep Jason Statham was just so damn cool in it. Ok he's not the best actor in Hollywood but he can fight like a mutha fucker, looks hawt all beaten up and his voice is just mmmm so he's in my Top Ten Guys, and let's face it girls, he wouldn't need to act whilst we're riding his face like a buckin bronco, amirite? *high5's*

I'm totally hitting a recuperation period, so I will now analyse my friends list. I have too many, I could do with dropping a few. Ok defo, rant off now.

Have an awesometastic grand day.

Raven xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment